Moving may feel like a hassle, but it doesn’t have to stress you out completely. Packing, moving, and then unpacking isn’t something that anyone looks forward to, but it’s made a little easier when the process is efficient from the start. Whether you’re moving to Little Ferry, NJ or relocating somewhere else, it pays to have a good moving truck – but you won’t have to. Access Self Storage is here with a few moving tips and a free truck to get you started.
Useful Tips for Driving a Moving Truck
Don’t let its size scare you; it’s not as difficult as you might think to drive a moving truck. You don’t need a special license, but you might have to drive it around a bit to get used to how it handles. Because it’s likely longer than your personal vehicle, watch out for cutting corners and speeding.
- Go gently into curves especially if the truck is loaded with heavy furniture and valuables.
- Use extra caution when approaching intersections.
- Check your side mirrors frequently, and watch for cars in your blind spot.
- Watch for signs pertaining to overhead clearance and weight limits.
How to Load a Moving Truck
Loading the truck is made simple with these little tips: Large, heavy items go in first, and food is always a good motivator for friends helping out. If you’ve packed efficiently, meaning that everything is wrapped correctly or placed in the appropriate boxes, it shouldn’t take long to load the truck and to be on your way.
- Couches, bed frames, and other large furniture go in first to help with weight distribution.
- Tie down the items to keep them from shifting as you drive.
- Protect the furniture using blankets or cardboard.
- Fill empty spaces with pillows, and place mirrors between mattresses.
- Set lighter boxes on top of heavy boxes.
- Never push the hand truck up the ramp. Pull it up to avoid injury.
Once you’re at your storage unit, follow our useful storage guide to make sure you can get to everything you need, when you need it.
Moving Made Easy With a Free Truck
Access Self Storage makes moving a breeze – or at least a little less stressful – with the help of a free truck. Visit us at 50 Bergen Turnpike in Little Ferry, NJ, or contact us online to learn more about our convenient storage units and available moving trucks. We’ll help you every step of the way so that moving can be more of a celebration than a chore.