Access Self Storage
Allow Extra Time
Most people underestimate how long packing takes. Give yourself some extra time so you can organize and pack effectively.
Ensure Everything is Clean and Dry
To prevent damage from mildew or moths, make sure everything is clean and dry. Leave doors to refrigerators, freezers, and washing machines slightly open while in storage.
How to Pack Boxes
- Do not pack fragile and heavy items together
- Use small boxes for books and heavy items
- Fill boxes completely to prevent collapse
- Use plenty of packing material, like ink-free packing paper, bubble wrap or packing peanuts. Towels, comforters and pillows work well too.
- Seal boxes with strong packing tape.
- Mark contents on two sides or number boxes and video contents
Protect Your Furniture
- A good polish helps protect wood furniture while it is in storage.
- Surround table and chair legs and parts that will scratch with cardboard or packing paper.
- Do not apply tape directly to wooden parts of furniture.
- Moving blankets and regular blankets work well to protect furniture from scratches and dust.
- Bed sheets work well as dust covers. Do not use plastic sheets as covers on wood furniture.
- Protect mattresses and box springs with plastic covers, which are available in all sizes at our storage locations.
- Stand mattresses and box springs upright and store mirrors and paintings between them.
How to Save Space
You can pack many items in drawers and fill appliances with light weight, unbreakable items. Save additional space by using shelves which allow you to stack higher.
Items You Should Not Store
- Combustibles such as old paint, cleaning fluids, gasoline, propane, oil or acetylene tanks are not allowed in storage.
- Do not store any food, spices, seeds, plants, animals, dried fruit or dried flowers. These items attract insects and rodents.
- Refer to the full list of items prohibited in storage that you receive with your lease.
Call your nearest storage location for more information.