Access Self Storage
At Access Self Storage, we’re passionate about helping others. Our formula for success depends on reliable, caring, and helpful employees who are dedicated to our families, customers, and one another.
Founded in 1976, Access Self Storage is a family-owned business that’s always looking to grow, both in number of locations we own and manage as well as our employees’ abilities.
What We Look For
The right candidate is compassionate, friendly, and reliable. Because we typically provide customers with access to their storage units 12 hours a day, seven days per week, we seek flexible people who prefer a schedule outside of the typical “9 to 5” workday.
Come Work with Us
All posted positions require applicants to have good verbal and written communication skills, legible handwriting, and the ability to answer the telephone in a friendly and courteous manner.
Most positions require some level of physical activity including the lifting of up to 50 pounds, reaching and bending, and a full range of motion.
Access Self Storage is a family owned and operated business established in 1976, who helped to pioneer the Self-Storage industry in the Northeast. We are currently seeking friendly, helpful and motivated candidates who are eager to join a company with growth potential.
Applicants should have previous experience in customer service, general equipment maintenance and upkeep of facilities. The individual must possess strong verbal and written communication skills. We are offering a sign-on bonus for new hires!
As Maintenance Personnel you will be an integral member of our team, delivering the best customer experience and service, while building lasting relationships with our clients. Our team members are passionate about what they do and offer empathy and understanding to all customers situations. We provide extensive training in all aspects of our business.
Previous self-storage experience is not required, all we ask is that you have a willingness to learn, and flexible availability. Safety is our top priority. Social distancing and mask-wearing measures are in place at all of our locations. We have also implemented stringent cleaning and disinfecting protocols for our customers and employees to remain safe during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Please contact us with any specific questions or concerns regarding safety in our workplaces.
- General cleaning duties of the interior and exterior of the facility.
- Maintenance duties include mechanical and electrical upkeep of equipment and overall location.
- Keeping detailed documentation of maintenance logs and activity reports.
- Ensuring all equipment is working properly and is safe to be used by customers and staff.
- Assist the Customer Service team as needed in efforts to meet the needs for our customers at all times, and run elevators as needed.
- *Must be able to lift boxes, open storage room and garage doors, move equipment, furniture and other objects.
- *Must be able to climb ladders.
- Previous maintenance experience preferred.
- Basic computer skills.
- Valid Driver’s License with access to transportation. (Required)
- Competitive starting pay plus monthly bonuses
- Career advancement opportunities
- Benefits:401(k)401(k,) matching, Dental insurance, Disability Insurance, Employee discount, Flexible spending account, Health Insurance, Life insurance, Vision Insurance
- Paid time off.
- Pay: Bonus pay.
- Education: High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Work Location: One location
- Commission: Yes
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. ACCESS MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR GUARANTEES REGARDING POSITIONS BEING ADVERTISED. ACCESS DOES NOT GUARANTEE THAT THE SUBMISSION OF A RESUME WILL RESULT IN HIRING, POSITIONS BEING FILLED OR EMPLOYEES BEING RETAINED, AND IS NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY BUSINESS, EMPLOYMENT, HIRING AND/OR SALARY DECISIONS, FOR WHATEVER REASON MADE, MADE BY YOU.